- Dates: Jun 15 to Sep 6, 2020
- Times: 9-4
- Visitor Sticker/Pass: $20 day, $150.00 season
- Resident Sticker/Pass: $25.00 season $40 for 3+ cars
- First come-first served. No guaranteed spot
- Portable Toilets: in season
- Handicapped Friendly beach path
- $40 fine for no sticker/pass
- Closed at 10:00 pm
- No cookouts on public beaches (private beaches with permit)
- No dogs on the beach in season May 15 – Sep 15
- Northside Beach: on Cape Cod Bay
- Brewster Flats: formed by sandbars, see at low-tide
- Shallow: Perfect for families with small children
- No lifeguards: at Bay Beaches
- Parking spaces: approximately 50-60
What makes Breakwater unique?
Breakwater Beach is in the heart of Brewster. To get there, turn down Breakwater Road. Two landmarks bracket Breakwater Road, to the right, the towering white church, First Parish Brewster, and the left, the all-American Brewster Store, and the Captain Freeman Inn. Breakwater is one of Brewster’s most popular beaches. The large parking lot holds about 60 cars. This year, the lower parking lot is blocked off to keep down crowd size because of COVID-19.
Breakwater Beach, like all the beaches of Brewster, is a favorite of families, especially for families with small children. The Brewster Flats make for a shallow swimming pool that allows parents to let the little ones splash around in the surf without being overtaken by gigantic waves. At low tide, the flats become a playground for amateur oceanographers, big, small, young, and old. The array of sea life that one can observe here is magnificent and always changing. You’ll find tidal pools, clam beds, oyster farms, seaweed, marsh grass, small collectible stones, huge boulders, and more. The flats also make for dramatic photos at sundown as the tides make for rippled, wavy patterns in the sand that collect water and reflect back the amazing colors of the setting sun.
Breakwater Beach Photos
Breakwater Beach Resource Pages
Map of Breakwater Beach
Note: This map shows the general location of Little or Upper Breakwater Beach, not the main Breakwater Beach with the larger parking lot and the portable toilets. We are working on a replacement for this map.