Sandwich 4th of July
The 4th of July in Sandwich, Massachusetts, features a full day of festivities and fireworks. There’s a Spirit of Sandwich parade, a community picnic in the park, field games, a fireman’s muster, a local band concert, and a boat parade on Shawme Pond before the fireworks. The boat parade is a cherished Sandwich tradition that began in the late 1800s.
Sandwich July 4th Celebration
Daytime festivities: The following events take place on July 4th at the Henry T. Wing School, 33 Water Street Sandwich
- 6:30 AM – 7:45 AM Road Race Registration
- Adult Registration fee $15.00 donation
- Youth Registration fee: $10.00 donation
- 8:00 AM 5K Road Race Begins
- 11:00 AM Spirit of Sandwich Parade
- 12:00 Noon Egg Toss
- Noon — 2:00 PM Picnic in the Park— Live Music & Activities
Nighttime festivities: These events are staged at Shawme Pond near the Hoxie House
- 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM Band Concert – Join the Moonlighters for music and dancing. Bring a blanket, a chair and your dancing shoes.
- 9:00 PM Boat Parade features small boats and canoes decorated in wacky ways with paper lanterns illuminated by candles.
- 10:00 PM Fireworks
For more information, visit the Sandwich Recreation Department website, or the town site. call them @ 508-888-4361, or stop by their office at the Oak Crest Cove Lodge, 34 Quaker Meetinghouse Road in Sandwich.