Sandwich celebrates the 4th of July with an entire day of festivities. The Peter Beauchemin Memorial Fireworks Display begins at 10 pm at Shawme Pond near the Hoxie House. Other events include a road race, a Fourth of July Spirit of Sandwich parade, a community picnic in the park, field games, a local band concert, and a boat parade on Shawme Pond before the fireworks. The boat parade is a cherished Sandwich tradition that began in the late 1800s.
Sandwich July 4th Celebration
Daytime festivities: The following events take place on July 4th at the Henry T. Wing School, 33 Water Street Sandwich
- 7:00 AM –8:15 AM Road Race Registration
- Adult Registration fee $15.00 donation
- Youth Registration fee: $10.00 donation
- MUST Pre-register by June 20th to guarantee a wicking tee-shirt!
- 8:30 AM 3–Mile Road Race Begins
- 11:00 AM Spirit of Sandwich Parade
- 11:30 AM Egg Toss
- 11:30 —2:00 PM Picnic in the Park— Live Music & Activities
Nighttime festivities: These events are staged at Shawme Pond near the Hoxie House
- 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM Band Concert – music and dancing – This is an alcohol-free event
- 9:00 PM Boat Parade
- 9:45 PM Fireworks
For more information, visit the Sandwich Recreation Department website, call them @ 508-888-4361, or stop by their office at the Oak Crest Cove Lodge, 34 Quaker Meetinghouse Road in Sandwich.