July 2, 2020, Press Release: The Town of Sandwich, MA- Public Safety, Public Works, Recreation and Natural Resources Departments, and the COVID-19 Command Team are anticipating a safe and healthy 4th of July Celebration in Sandwich.
We begin this Holiday Weekend with ZERO (0) Active COVID-19 Cases reported in Sandwich. We encourage all visitors and residents to continue their great work to reduce the risk of COVID-19 by employing social distancing recommendations and wearing a facial covering when you cannot sustain 6’ separation. In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 the Annual 4th of July Fireworks, Parade, and other community activities will not be held this year. A joint public safety response team will be placed in high activity areas to monitor, prevent, and respond to incidents related to holiday
The following measures have been established to help ensure a safe Holiday on our Town Beaches and community areas.
- Beach Fires are Prohibited
- All Fresh Water Beaches are Resident Only for the 2020 Summer Season
- As much as we love our furry friends – No dogs are allowed on any Town Owned Beaches and the Boardwalk
- Please be sure to take out all trash & belongings that you take in
Town Neck Beach – Friday, July 3rd & Saturday, July 4th
- The parking lot will be closed to new patrons at 3:30
- The parking lot will be vacated by 5 pm/Bathrooms Close 4 pm
- Gate will be closed and locked at 5 pm
- Vehicles not removed as directed will be towed at the owner’s
- Police Officers stationed in the evening at Town Neck Beach 7/3 and 7/4
- Fire Department personnel will be on-site with Polaris for swift response
- Natural Resource staff will be monitoring plover nesting areas
- Additional trash capacity and removal scheduled
Oak Crest Cove – Friday, July 3rd & Saturday, July 4th
- o Gate at Quaker Meetinghouse Road Entrance will be closed at 5 pm/Bathrooms Close 4 pm
- Vehicles remaining will be locked in and secured on-premise until the beach gate reopens in the morning
East Sandwich/North Shore Boulevard
- Police Officers on ATVs will monitor the facility
- A tow truck will be placed in the vicinity and will remove vehicles creating any obstruction to access or safety at the owner’s expense
- Booked for the Weekend with high slip turnover planned
- Heightened communication with Public Safety and additional staff on site
- Fire Department boat will be monitoring activity in Cape Cod Bay
Additional COVID-19 Prevention
- Health screening for staff including Rapid Response Testing
- PPE Provided for Staff and Separation Created for High Contact Areas
- No Cash Transactions at Beaches – Credit/Debit Card Only
- Increased Sanitation in Restrooms and Portable Facilities
You can help prevent the spread! Please continue your good hygiene practices, wash your hands, sustain 6’ separation, celebrate in small groups, keep your hands away from your face, wear a facial covering, and be respectful courteous and caring for your fellow patrons.
Please enjoy a safe and joyous 4th of July celebration in this very special place!